Now that I have a telescope and proper mount, I decided to re-attempt the m31 – andromeda galaxy photo. I’m still using the Nikon D300 which is limited to 30 second exposures, but I have also added PixInsight to my image stacking and processing toolkit.
For comparison, I’m showing both a single frame and final stacked/processed images from my last session on the left and my current attempt on the right.
|first try||take two|
|imaging camera||Nikon D300||Nikon D300|
|guide camera||none||ZWO ASI290mm Mini|
|mount||tripod||Skywatcher EQ6-R pro|
|telescope||Nikon f/2 17-55mm||Explore Scientific ED102 APO|