|imaging camera||ZWO ASI 1600MM Pro|
|guide camera||ZWO ASI290mm Mini|
|mount||Skywatcher EQ6-R pro|
|telescope||Explore Scientific ED102 APO|
|exposure settings||gain 139|
cooling to -20C
|stacking||50 lights – ZWO Red (x2 panels)|
50 lights – ZWO Green (x2 panels)
50 lights – ZWO Blue (x2 panels)
additional calibration for each channel
30 dark flats
I set up a 1×2 mosaic in sequence generator pro with default 15% overlap on the frames. due to the bright core, I went for a higher number of short 30second exposures.
this is an interesting one for me because I can trace back the same target each year and see improvements..
this year my Ha data did not come in clean and I had to toss it. the flat calibration process seems to be over compensating for my narrow band filters on the last several sessions.. may be time to rerun the flat calibration wizard and check that the exposure durations are still optimized.
UPDATE — November 2021:
I found my flats for all channels were taken at an incorrect camera rotation.. I redid the entire flats capture and processing which resulted in a better overall signal in each channel, especially the Ha was now usable.